Springie the AutoHost

Springie the AutoHost

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Licho
Zero-K Developer

Springie the AutoHost

Post by Licho »

NOTE: This branch of springies has been deprecated. New springie has no GUI and is optimized for server use, hosting great number of autohosts and spawning more at demand. If you wish to use this version, get it from http://code.google.com/p/summerspring/

Springie is a standalone windows/linux application (made in C#)

Key features:
=========
- designed to provide stable server which can run without supervision
- key abilities are votable (voteforce, votekick, votemap)
- can run without spring and without maps/mods
- ability to listen to commands from spring and to relay chat between game and lobby
- includes automatic map/mod discovery and update
- presets concept allows server owner to define sets of changes to spring settings and players can vote for preset to apply those changes
- everything is configurable using GUI. Each command can be assigned rights level and places where it works (for example you can set springie to listen to commands directly from game, or from some channels)
- springie autohosts can upload data to central stats gathering site
- has several minor abilities which should streamline using (for example automatically kicks unsynced people, automatically opens game when game ends or people left server, provides maplink for every new joiner, all filtering - like maps, users is done using multiple case insensitive substrings)
- updates itself automatically

NOTE: This branch of springies has been deprecated. New springie has no GUI and is optimized for server use, hosting great number of autohosts and spawning more at demand. If you wish to use this version, get it from http://code.google.com/p/summerspring/

Current version 1.38
==============

mirror 2) http://springie.licho.eu/springie.zip (binary)

Latest source code:
http://trac.caspring.org/browser/trunk/tools/Springie

What do you need to run it
=================
1) windows with .NET framework 2.0 or Mono installed ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en )

2) download springie and read readme.txt

3) create a new accout for springie and ask moderator to give it a bot flag (this prevents you from getting banned for flooding)

4) get latest spring dedicated server (maintainer is Auswaschbar)

5) run springie.exe

Notes
====
- You don't need any super connection. Any ADSL will do. Traffic generated by hosting is really small. You don't need a very powerfull CPU either.

- Make sure you use port open at your firewall (or forwarded port if behind NAT). Always run a test game with other person before leaving server on.
Last edited by Licho on 31 Jul 2010, 18:29, edited 57 times in total.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

This looks really good. The unlock when empty-function seems nice, the current servers become locked down quickly..
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Could you include documentation for defining admins and possible levels of authority?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Fantastic, fast and for free! Hurray..

Man, i can see the direct & indirect Threads about "Mods not having open Games" leave this Board - all of them. Never again to return...
Now we only have a Advertising Problem left -

Oh, me is running away to see the first Auto-Server awaking. Spring-Time - :-)

By the way - has it a invite Function, to call for pepz not beeing Busy ?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

I can add invite easilly, but I'm too afraid of spam :)

Rights work in similar way like in altaric. All commands have "level" (configurable) and places they listen to (mosten listen to PM and battle chat).

Players are assigned some default level, and their level is check with level of every command. Admins are people who are given higher than default rights level.

I'm also considering simple authentification
!auth login password PM command which would log you as some admin in case you have different nickname
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

For an automated rights system - how about the bot keeps track of how many games you play on the server, hours, etc, and gradually increases your rights with time, as it determines you are 'trustworthy'?
pintle

Post by pintle »

then people like me would be granted control :shock:
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Licho,

One issue I noted is that !votekick requires too many votes. We had 9 players in a server and tried to use !votekick, and Springie said that 9 votes were required to kick... unless the player we were trying to kick (for having a 600MHz CPU) voted to kick himself, we would never have been able to kick him.

Also, it would be nice if !lock and !unlock required some level of admin access. Maybe level 2? Currently they seem to be spammed around a lot by terribly impatient people who want to play RIGHT THE F*CK NOW, even if the game has 3 players in it.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

9 people??
Kick needs 66% of all on server including spectators. There were probably 12 people total.
I can change thos ratios though.

I like the idea with automatic rights growing over time. I think I will implement it.

And regarding locking ... I don't know solution for it. Either it can be off, and then you will get troubles with too many people joining or it will be allowed and some tards might abuse it a bit.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Those commands added:
!balance
!rehost
!voterehost

- added automatic unknown sync status kicker
danzel

Post by danzel »

Awesome work Licho, played on this server last night :)
Argh

Post by Argh »

Wow, this sounds great- exactly what I've been wanting! I'll definitely run this with some of the lesser-known mods when you've put out a release :-D
danzel

Post by danzel »

Looks like its getting dupe messages atm:

[7:55:41 p.m.] <danzel> !listmaps comet
[7:55:42 p.m.] <Springie> Comet Catcher Remake-v02.smf
[7:55:42 p.m.] <Springie> Green Comet Basic.smf

!maplist
[7:55:26 p.m.] <Springie> Sorry, I don't know command 'maplist'

[8:01:01 p.m.] <danzel> !vote 2
[8:01:01 p.m.] * Springie option 1: 0 votes of 2 required
[8:01:01 p.m.] * Springie option 2: 1 votes of 2 required
[8:01:13 p.m.] <[SmuG]Nixa> !vote 2
[8:01:14 p.m.] * Springie option 1: 0 votes of 2 required
[8:01:14 p.m.] * Springie option 2: 2 votes of 2 required
[8:01:14 p.m.] * Springie not enough votes, map stays

etc.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Licho wrote:9 people??
Kick needs 66% of all on server including spectators. There were probably 12 people total.
I can change thos ratios though.

I like the idea with automatic rights growing over time. I think I will implement it.

And regarding locking ... I don't know solution for it. Either it can be off, and then you will get troubles with too many people joining or it will be allowed and some tards might abuse it a bit.
Sorry Licho, but there were 9 players on the server plus Springy as a spectator, and the kick said it required 9 votes for.

Unless that number in the kick voting message means the number of total players? In which case it's somewhat misleading.
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

I had a mostly good experience with it last night. Although did have a problem with a player unlocking the game. We were trying for a 4 vs 4 on Crossing, and he unlocked it a couple times to let a 9th player in.

My idea is an autolock feature where there is a set number of active players set for the game. The game will be unlocked if you have less, and locked the instant you get the required number. The set number of players can be changed by a vote.

Also had a case of other players spamming alot. Not sure if it is worth considering autokick if there is excessive spam. But only if this happens regularly, and not just on rare occasions.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

danzel wrote:Looks like its getting dupe messages atm:

[7:55:41 p.m.] <danzel> !listmaps comet

!maplist

[8:01:01 p.m.] <danzel> !vote 2
[8:01:13 p.m.] <[SmuG]Nixa> !vote 2
[8:01:14 p.m.] * Springie option 1: 0 votes of 2 required
[8:01:14 p.m.] * Springie option 2: 2 votes of 2 required
[8:01:14 p.m.] * Springie not enough votes, map stays

etc.
Yeah, thanx for finding this, this is because someone made rehost and it's a bit bugged and then does everything 2x :)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Heelp, could someone please contact betalord or other lobby server admin???

It autobanned me for spamming (my IP) so I cannot host or play :((

That's what you get if you try to run too many servers from same IP ..
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Unbanned.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Thx a lot good lord!
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Version 0.75
---------------
- fixed lobby spam bugs

- added command throttling (each command now has preset value how often can it be used)

- improved filtering for maps, mods and users. It first attempts to find exact match. And listmaps or listmods shows numbers and you can use these numbers instead of text (!votemap 50) and such.

- added !setlevel command for setting user rights

- improved spring control hacks - springie now minimizes and then hides spring window completely. It also increases spring priority. As a result host now runs at nearly 0% but pings are better because of higher priority. You can also play and host on the same machine without problems.

Return to “General Discussion”