Springie the AutoHost - Page 4

Springie the AutoHost

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Post by knorke »

Nice useful bot!
But it doen't know the map "cliff down." Its a nice 3 player map, any way you can add maps to its list?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Ability to tell bot to download map or mod is planned (it will get map from unknown files only - for security reasons).

Otherwise you can ask bot owner to download map there.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Argh wrote:Still not working :(

Would a crash report be helpful? It doesn't tell me anything useful when it dumps, but the memory-dump might be handy.
Click start > run > drwatson

open springie, when it crashes drwatson will catch the hows and why's.
MrNubyagi

Post by MrNubyagi »

i like the !random and !balance mostly :)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Springie 0.79b
==========

- springie now listens to command from game too (certain commands set to listen from game by default)

- added !say command - you can talk between lobby and game (say in game talks to lobby, say in lobby talks to game)

- springie now exits instantly when game ends (doesnt wait for all people to quit)

- springie now sets default account as priviliged user with rights 4 (= you can now use all commands from springie itself after new install)

- improved GUI (chat now resembles TASClient more, chat windows scroll to end and does not overlap

- new GUI for setting up springie (no XML editing required from now on)

- fixed automatic reconnect on lobby connection lost and several other bugfixes (e.g. wont attempt to start with invalid mod -will pick another one instead)

- minor bugfixes (improved game control (writing to game, force etc) stability when accessed by multiple threads at once,
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Licho wrote: - added !say command - you can talk between lobby and game (say in game talks to lobby, say in lobby talks to game)
SOOOOO COOL!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I'm having big problems

It's throwing errors like crazy. So much in fact that I reverted, which is a damn shame because the new version has great features, but every time a game is started, the first game plays fine. Any after that throw errors, and the rts window doesn't close + no one can join ingame. They just stay in the lobby.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Yeah, there was some critical bug when starting second game. I hope I fixed it (I'm at work now and can't make big changes). So pls try to redownload.

I came home at 4am today and was a bit drunk, so I foolishly decided to finish 0.79b and quickly made that settings GUI and then (it was 7am) I released it untested, because I had to sleep quickly, before work starts. I assumed that making gui wont break anything but I deleted one line of critical code by mistake..
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Updated to 0.80b
===========
- fixed critical bug preventing springie to run games after 1st one finished
- fixed new bug due to lobby server change, which was rehosting server after some !maplink commands
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

I am getting this error when i try and do anything
It's also complaining it cant fine spring.exe, and the error pops up when i try and close springie!
So i have to end task it :cry:

edit: when i first start up, it says
'spring cannot be found in c:\program files\TAspring (where my spring.exe is actually located!!)'

Then it says this

Then it says the thing about forms!
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Yeah, this happens if you have two mods with exactly same name. Happend to me with XTA v8 and it's older version. Try this

1) delete xml config files for springie (main.xml, autohost.xml)
2) move mods to another folder except those you really wish to host
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

How about using the filenames instead of modnames from the tdf? You could show the filename next to the modname so everyone knows what is what. That would fix such compatibility issues...
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

I removed mods, and it seems to have fixed it. But when i join my own game, it gives some error and springie disconnects from the lobby.

Do i need a second install of TASpring, for springie?

pics!
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Last night, Springie became overloaded by a person spamming !votemap speedmetal during other !votemap voting. I had pulled a !help right before we discovered that it was no longer responding - took 15 minutes to reply. Is there any way to solve that issue?
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Kick SM arseholes.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Yes, but !kickvote will be prevented when the program stops responding...
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

make speedmetal a forbidden word :D (make it autokick anyone who says it)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Springie 0.81b
==========
- added RedirectChat option - it sends all chat from game to lobby (except allies and spectators chats)

- added !dlmap <mapname/dllid> command - this command downloads new map to server from unknown files. It won't redownload existing map though :). You can specify map name or map ID (unknown files id)

- advanced feature - AutoDownloadNewMaps option - if set to true, Springie automatically downloads new maps it sees in other games ;)

- greatly improved default maplink for maps (advertised on join) thx. Iamacup for telling me about his bounce service :)

- commands which are not in xml config will now reappear there (=easier to upgrade to newer version of springie)

- commands and admins are now alphabetically sorted on exit/config save

- I spent another half-hour drawing icons in paint, it's even worse than previous but meh..

- responding to maplink requests from main disabled by default (cookiebot will do this, add "Channel" to places for maplink command if you want to reenable it)

- fixed settings GUI for commands (wouldnt show places)

- fixed rehosting not reseting spectator count correctly

- fixed bug for people having problems with duplicated mods/maps
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

IaMaCuP - thx a lot for help regarding map downloads! :)

YHCIR, it should be fixed, use your normal gaming spring and latest springie with deleted xml files. It should work.

neddierdrow - this is very weird bug I will try to replicate it now. Can you specify exactly what vote it was before votemap speedmetal? As a fix you can add throttling to votemap and other vote commands. (Even 1s throttling can help)
Last edited by Licho on 16 Nov 2006, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

We were playing Altored Divide, and then we had the first vote for something else, which failed, 3 for each option. There was a ring near the end which rung five people of the ten in the game. Then, I believe, we had a vote for 2 Continents.

Wait, I'm looking back on a screenshot, and the actual breakdown seemed to occur when we queued !start before the 2 Continents vote was over. Springie gave the starting message, somebody tried a !votemap Speedmetal, and then two more people fired off !start - there it died.

Return to “General Discussion”