Spring more popular with EA - Page 6

Spring more popular with EA

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Re: Spring more popular with EA

Post by knorke »

dont forget the devs who always break it on purpose.
butcher

Post by butcher »

only gestapo admins lock this many threads. Spring will die with BA even though Zero-k looks like a well finished and polished mod.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Those threads get closed once they devolve too much into people insulting each other, which they eventually always do.
These threads bring out the bad in people! Maybe you do not care because you just want to play your favorite game but when you post things such as
butcher wrote:its interesting how devs and mods spend 90% of their time trying to prop up failing mods
that creates an hostile enviroment. Eventually that causes even nice people to flame each other, just because of some unthoughtful comments by people who have no idea. (I will not call it trolling because maybe some people do not know better but imo "if it looks and behaves like a troll, then it is a troll")
It tends to turn (game) devs onto each other.

Now why did you have to bring that up again?
With Tim Blokdijk's post about the beginning of spring, the thread was actually starting to get interessting.
butcher

Post by butcher »

Locked, since OP's problem is fixed but it looks like drama is coming up.
If somebody has the same/similiar problem and can not fix it, feel free to make a new thread.
drama cited as reason for lock

this thread sucks
mrt
?

why bother having a discussion forum at all

edit: oh and
too soon man, too soon.
whats too soon ? wtf are you talking about
knorke

Post by knorke »

you do not even bother to format your post in a way that 3 lines do not take up a whole screen page. So I will just say that those were/are all valid reasons. Oh and do you really think a thread that starts with
i luv spring! its great GAME! but dsd is killing it and i haz to q_q a lot now. what can we do about it?!
was meant serious? (inb4 wombat saying yes :shock: )
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

If you browsed the forums frequently butcher you would see that it is mostly the same people recycling the same discussions and beating the same dead horses they've been beating for years.

And also they frequently devolve into flame wars. You will find an almost scary split of conservative and liberal opinions (the essence, not the politics) on this forum, when it comes to in general how spring games should be. And naturally the two sides do not get along very well.
butcher

Post by butcher »

that's the thing any reason is valid if you're an admin

your day is coming though

there about half as many players in spring as there was a year ago. You will have no threads to shut down in a year or two
knorke

Post by knorke »

oh, just noticed I already explained all that to you:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 12#p503912
I do not like to repeat myself, and good trolls do not repeat themself either. kkthx?
butcher

Post by butcher »

nobody cares
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

butcher wrote:its interesting how devs and mods spend 90% of their time trying to prop up failing mods
It's interesting how things change, failing games. CA as I remember it was not super popular, maybe some saw it as failing to live up to expectations. Now they rebranded it and did lots of work and suddenly it's not failing but growing instead BA is failing. So just goes to show you can't pick your winners and losers, the players do that. Everybody posting here has their favorite game and of course we will look out for that particular game first of all. The more time you spend on something the less critical of it you tend to become since you don't want to admit you wasted your time or resources on something that didn't turn out well. That's just your basic human psychology. So saying things about abandoning projects is not just offensive but could be wrong.....Yeah it's almost 4 AM so I cba to write neat paragraphs.
se5a

Post by se5a »

What happened to Licho's match making idea...
that was cool.

notice my attempt to redirect the direction of the thread...

no seriuosly though, it would help find games and have less time sitting around twiddling our thumbs.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

se5a wrote:What happened to Licho's match making idea...
that was cool.

notice my attempt to redirect the direction of the thread...

no seriuosly though, it would help find games and have less time sitting around twiddling our thumbs.
Nobody used it, so we took it away. :cry:
knorke

Post by knorke »

those magical skypeople are still at it!
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=27246
http://code.google.com/p/zero-k/wiki/MatchMaking
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

knorke wrote:
those magical skypeople are still at it!
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=27246
http://code.google.com/p/zero-k/wiki/MatchMaking
I was actually not aware of this!
Way cool! :D
smoth

Post by smoth »

Cheesecan wrote:
It's interesting how things change, failing games. CA as I remember it was not super popular, maybe some saw it as failing to live up to expectations. Now they rebranded it and did lots of work and suddenly it's not failing but growing instead BA is failing. So just goes to show you can't pick your winners and losers, the players do that. Everybody posting here has their favorite game and of course we will look out for that particular game first of all. The more time you spend on something the less critical of it you tend to become since you don't want to admit you wasted your time or resources on something that didn't turn out well. That's just your basic human psychology. So saying things about abandoning projects is not just offensive but could be wrong.....Yeah it's almost 4 AM so I cba to write neat paragraphs.
No this is a good paragraph but I have 1 issue with it. Not everyone only supports on project cheesecan, for some people ALL projects have some interest.. My concern is the over all health of all spring projects and that we all stick together.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

knorke wrote: It tends to turn (game) devs onto each other.
Lies and propaganda! I only massaged smoths shoulders, and Forb was showing me his new baseballbet. And Licho did not try to kick him into the scrotum, but was attempting to perform a artistic trick. And A.moth with his axe, good ol Amoth was just chopin wood, so the forum would cool out. Behe twisting from my arm? Good ol Behe, always teaching others self-defense, worried sick. We are one happy family!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

was meant serious? (inb4 wombat saying yes :shock: )
I got quoted i/
Ofc serious, spring without qq'n @ dsd is not spring, duh. Wanted to keep the tradition going <3
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Floris wrote: I've never heard somebody say: aw... that looks great, when being introduced to spring.
I get compliments all the time about evo's visuals.

Let me fix it for you:
Floris wrote: I've never heard somebody say: aw... that looks great, when being introduced to BA.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

smoth wrote:
The visuals are godawful.
I don't get what he means. They don't look bad at all. Better than supcom 2/dow2 not as good as battleforge
The screen shots posted were not the most flattering.

Return to “General Discussion”