SpringInfo "Easier News Contribution"

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Ok so, as most of you are well aware, springinfo already grabs posts and junk from about 10 different spring related sites, but one of the biggest missing components is the fact that regular users don't have a super easy way to post news. Imo, that sucks. Always has. I've tried to make it easy for people, but it has always been somewhat difficult.

Well now, thanks to google, I've been able to make it dead simple.

To register an account with springinfo using your Google, Yahoo, AolIM, OpenID, etc account, simply go to the main page and click "Join Site". This will prompt you to join using one of your accounts. After you have done that, just click on a page that has a comments box (I suggest the games page). This causes the site to actually create a local account for you, at which point you will see a menubar across the top of your screen. From there you can make newsposts and stuff.

My ultimate dream for this is to have a special forum on this site, where forumers can make new threads, and those new threads can be turned into news postings. The biggest obstacle to that is that this site does not have proper invidivual forum rss feeds, which is a damn shame :-/ (fix this!!! :-) http://springrts.com/phpbb/feed.php?f=38 )

In the meantime, I try to make this as easy an accessible as I can.

Return to “General Discussion”