omfg spring is dead, aka finding a new game to play - Page 2

omfg spring is dead, aka finding a new game to play

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

HeavyLancer

Re: omfg spring is dead, aka finding a new game to play

Post by HeavyLancer »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:spring lives... if you call 8v8 BA DSD life
BA-DSD is to Spring as the iron lung was to Polio patients. Now all we have to do is find a vaccine...
quantum

Post by quantum »

Look, a page with empty servers, this means countrerstike is dead!
http://www.gametracker.com/search/cs/?s ... &order=ASC
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

quantum wrote:Look, a page with empty servers, this means countrerstike is dead!
http://www.gametracker.com/search/cs/?s ... der=[b]ASC[/b]

Tbh there is a difference between games and competitive games, what spring really does not have is competitive games during the daytime. No need for so much fuss and trolling.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

what spring really does not have is competitive games during the daytime. No need for so much fuss and trolling.
ur daytime, to be more precise. u continue topic even if u clearly fail, dunno whos trolling D:
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Wombat wrote:
what spring really does not have is competitive games during the daytime. No need for so much fuss and trolling.
ur daytime, to be more precise. u continue topic even if u clearly fail, dunno whos trolling D:
Should it matter? It's not like I live on the moon. :roll:
If my post was baiting then you all bit on the hook and wasted a little bit of your lives arguing that everyone should play BADSD 12v12 because that's what's for dinner.

I appreciate the effort in trying to convince me I'm wrong, but the screenshot speaks for itself.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I said nothing of the sort.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

the only thing that ur picture shows is that u set games list beginning from hosts with least players to most players, so again, u fail much... bibim stats say everything.

u waste ur live arguing OVER AND OVER AGAIN that dsd is bad. just go and actually DO something about it.
albator

Post by albator »

12v12 DSD actaully is the cure to 8v8DSD. Poeple get bored really fast now and ask all the time to play smaller game which happened a lot. Thanks you TERA hostowner for increasing the power of your noob magnet ! :D
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i've just sadly come to the conclusion that its impossible for me to get a decent game at certain times of the day'

whens that pic from; 6am or so for you? thats what it looks like for me at midnight... not enough north americans playing spring in general to stop the total number of players from valleying out every day around that time
smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth wrote:I see >110 players in matches I don't know what you are looking at. change the "player" sorting from ascending to descending man.
OP was distorting information to force a viewpoint
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

no shit :D
knorke

Post by knorke »

since you dont seem to like ba & zerok... just wondering what games would you like to see more in lobby? :regret:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

starcraft i bet
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Is it really necessary though for everyone to make a baaww thread here when they feel like playing something else for a moment?

And point me the post that says everyone should play 12v12 DSD :lol:
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Wombat wrote:the only thing that ur picture shows is that u set games list beginning from hosts with least players to most players, so again, u fail much... bibim stats say everything.

u waste ur live arguing OVER AND OVER AGAIN that dsd is bad. just go and actually DO something about it.
Tunnel vision much? because you have gotten so stuck up on the sorting in ascending order instead of descending, as if it was the eleventh commandment 'thou shalt sort descendingly'.
Although you cannot see the scroll bars, the screenshot is showing all the most populated games and only a few of the empty games - you have been making your case based on me distorting the image to push my opinion, which isn't the case. When smoth replied and said he saw 110 players on(which I doubt) that was a good four hours after I had posted.

I don't know what it is you want me to do about the way things are, I don't play DSD, apart from my own silent protest what should I do, create an ad campaign? Run for president? My intention was never to stop people from playing DSD, knorke was the one who first brought it up.

I'm not even saying I want to play anything else, I'm saying if there's no decent spring game going then where's more fun to be had. Fine flame me, what do I care, you're not going to change what I know to be the truth.

I would also say that with the growing game size(8v8 being the norm now), games take longer and lock up more players, meaning even when there are games going, you have to wait longer to join.
KaiserJ wrote:whens that pic from; 6am or so for you? thats what it looks like for me at midnight... not enough north americans playing spring in general to stop the total number of players from valleying out every day around that time
The first screenshot was taken 12:00 CEST on a Sunday.
smoth

Post by smoth »

When smoth replied and said he saw 110 players on(w
Now I am annoyed. That was when stopped counting, so yeah >110 players. That was the count sorry my numbers don't match your bullshit
knorke

Post by knorke »

My intention was never to stop people from playing DSD, knorke was the one who first brought it up.
oh, misunderstanding.
when you made the thread, server was being restarted because it was overloaded or something. That was also why forum/site was broken/slow and few games were up. I was refering to that not to the normal situation.

But since this was not about the server downtime...

Saying "Spring" is dying because there are no players is wrong.
There is always huge bawwbaww when spring is called a game instead of an engine. The engine seems to be quite alive and new content is made all the time.
Not going to judge the quality of that content but yeah, does not seem dead.

So for games, we all know there are not alot of players.
Still I usually find something *interessting to play, it is not as simple as logging into battle.net though.
*ba < 4v4, not zeroK (cant play)

Maybe BA is dying, I dont know. All other games never really came to live (yet?) so they cant die.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Tunnel vision much?
me or u? lol
you have been making your case based on me distorting the image to push my opinion,
u tried to push ur opinion by, i dunno, faking the first pic ? u can easly see arrow near 'Players'.
I don't know what it is you want me to do
i dunno, but 48903th thread on forum is very welcome !
games take longer and lock up more players
only tera games, to be more precise (coz of their fucked settings)
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

knorke wrote:
My intention was never to stop people from playing DSD, knorke was the one who first brought it up.
oh, misunderstanding.
when you made the thread, server was being restarted because it was overloaded or something. That was also why forum/site was broken/slow and few games were up. I was refering to that not to the normal situation.

But since this was not about the server downtime...
Restart was a bit later during the day.
Wombat wrote:u tried to push ur opinion by, i dunno, faking the first pic ? u can easly see arrow near 'Players'.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

ur daytime, to be more precise.
seriously, lolthread :D

Return to “General Discussion”