xxxx is being attacked sound

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Paul-Devon-UK

Post by Paul-Devon-UK »

Does anyone know the location of the sound played when the "xxxx is being attacked" message is displayed?

I ask as it is annoyingly loud and I am unable to find out how to turn it down. My intention is to either replace or edit the sound to reduce its annoyance factor.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: xxxx is being attacked sound

Post by Forboding Angel »

What game?
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

The sound is generated from the widget "Attack and Move Notification" (unit_attackMoveNotification.lua).
You could just disable it in the F11-menu.
Paul-Devon-UK

Post by Paul-Devon-UK »

Forboding Angel wrote:What game?
XTA as I am an OLD TA player from V1 and this feels like a natural progression.

@very_bad_soldier - I don't want to disable it as sometimes it is handy to know when an attack is happening somewhere other than in the main view.

I want to turn down the volume for that sound only as everything else has an OK volume. If it were a single .MP3 file I could modify it.
very_bad_soldier

You can copy the file to your local widget directory and modify line 61

Code: Select all

spPlaySoundFile( "sounds/" .. soundFile, udef.sounds.underattack[id].volume, nil, "ui" )
e.g. use your own file or modify the played volume by subtract a value.
Paul-Devon-UK

Post by Paul-Devon-UK »

very_bad_soldier wrote:You can copy the file to your local widget directory and modify line 61

spPlaySoundFile( "sounds/" .. soundFile, udef.sounds.underattack[id].volume, nil, "ui" )
e.g. use your own file or modify the played volume by subtract a value.
Thanks for that. Unfortunately practically non of it means anything to me. I am a player, not a developer. Or am I just being a bit dumb? My questions would be;

"You can copy the file" what file?
"your local widget directory" I am playing on Win7(64) ....\Spring\LuaUI ?
"modify line 61" in what file?
In the code would I replace the word "volume" with something?

Thanks in advance.
very_bad_soldier

The file I mentioned in my last post (unit_attackMoveNotification.lua) is located inside the mod in "LuaUI/Widgets". You can extract the mod with 7Zip or another zip-program.
So copy that file to your <spring>/Lua/Widgets.
Then you can edit the file with a text editor. Go to the line and change it to something like this:

spPlaySoundFile( "sounds/" .. soundFile, udef.sounds.underattack[id].volume * 0.5, nil, "ui" )
So you should have half the volume. You can modify the "0.5" to fit your needs.
Paul-Devon-UK

Post by Paul-Devon-UK »

very_bad_soldier wrote:The file I mentioned in my last post (unit_attackMoveNotification.lua) is located inside the mod in "LuaUI/Widgets". You can extract the mod with 7Zip or another zip-program.
So copy that file to your <spring>/Lua/Widgets.
Then you can edit the file with a text editor. Go to the line and change it to something like this:

spPlaySoundFile( "sounds/" .. soundFile, udef.sounds.underattack[id].volume * 0.5, nil, "ui" )
So you should have half the volume. You can modify the "0.5" to fit your needs.
YES!!!

Thank you. I can now play and not go deaf whenever some unit receives a minor scratch.

I need to bookmark this as no doubt I will have to re-do it at some time in the future.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I have turned off that widget completely, because it warns too often. But maybe we just need to make it a bit more intelligent.

(Basically what annoys me is when opponent sends a jeffy or lurker to kill off my wind/tidal lines, then it will warn for each attack even though it's not important at that time).

Return to “General Discussion”