Administrators and moderators

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I would like to clarify this once and for all: what is the task of admins and what do moderators do? It seems to me these roles are mixed.

How many admins do we have? How many moderators? Can someone please list them? How many are active?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Administrators and moderators

Post by FLOZi »

Only myself and abma are active admins, of course the roles are mixed as moderator powers are a subset of admin.

Admins can delete accounts (only done for spam bots), add and change new forums, groups and ranks.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Ok, thx. A clear, fast and good answer.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Moderators can: lock/merge/split/sticky threads, delete and edit posts and ban and warn users.
As FLOZi said, they can't delete users (which is an issue imo in the case of spam bots -> we can only delete their topics and ban them, but the user still remains), and we can't do any administration regarding groups or subforums.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Maybe we could have more admins? At least abma is quite active as moderator, so that leaves less time for doing admin things.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You can find this and similar information on the phpbb FAQ, next to your "quick links" button, or faq.php.

Return to “General Discussion”