maps missing

maps missing

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

dymox

maps missing

Post by dymox »

Didn't know, where to post this...sorry if it's wrong here.

I'm looking for some maps of the original TA.

Troutfarm
Steeljungle
Assault on Suburbia

Cannot find them in the downloader or somewhere else...are there no urban maps for spring? Didn't find a single one yet.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: maps missing

Post by Forboding Angel »

Spring is not TA.
dymox

Post by dymox »

I know^^ But I want to play the TA maps in spring
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

None of those maps have been re-made for the Spring engine. I really liked Trout Farm too.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

There are some fish-shaped maps, none in the form of a trout, however.

HINT: Convert this map to Spring Format! Go to the mapmaking forums to lern hao!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Tribulex wrote:There are some fish-shaped maps, none in the form of a trout, however.

HINT: Convert this map to Spring Format! Go to the mapmaking forums to lern hao!
Trout farm wasn't a fish map. The map was a circular body of water (with metal in it) surrounded by land. On the north, south, east, and west sides was flat cityscape, with a plethora of reclaimable features (some with several thousand metal), but no permanent metal. In the 4 corners was a green rolling landscape, with trees and metal patches.

A direct port would be a huge PITA because you'd need a horde of features for it.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

me and smoth tried a long time ago to remake trout farm, but the spring compiler messes up all the finer details (like lines on the roads) even at 0 compression.
Ashnal

Post by Ashnal »

Why not find some new maps to like? Theres tons of maps on jobjol waiting to be downloaded.

Return to “General Discussion”