View topic - SPADS AutoHost

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 00:48 
Redacted

you could make !kick/!votekick translate to !spec/!votespec for privileged users
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 03:00 
Community Lead

That is an excellent idea.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 03:10 

bibim I know I may be just about the only person making regular use out of it, but I really do want to thank you for the !coop feature.

That said, I am getting a bit frustrated by having to spam !rebalance on some games, or not ending up with my teammates at all. It would be nice if you included the !tcoop patches someone posted earlier.

Which reminds me, in principle the !tcoop command could even be separated from the !team command entirely so that teamstackers are forced to coop.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 08:52 

Thanks for this bot.
The installer didnt work out of the box .. but i leeched the files manually, linked em correctly and after that it worked all fine :D

finally there is a 2nd nota-autohost running :D
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 13:19 
Lobby Developer

neddiedrow wrote:
Personally, I think with some revisions SPADS might replace Springie for me when I bring back my hosting. It just seems like a number of the commands are different just to be different while others are implemented unintuitively.
Can you be more specific ? Actually, each time I chose a different syntax than Springie, there was a reason behind it (usually to allow more generic usages / more configurable behaviours).

neddiedrow wrote:
Anyway... new balancing methods. Possibly very useful when the ladder returns. Anyway, I think these could be handy. Certainly more useful than Springie's ELO.

1. Random/rank balancing once server has reached manage value/full value, followed by elective switching by people who agree mutually to switch.
2. Random captain selection once server has reached manage value/full value, followed by turn-based draft selection by captain.
3. Random organizer selection once server has reached manage value/full value, followed by turn-based draft. Each turn all members of present team vote on next member, organizer has deciding vote in a tie.
Imo, the problem with balancing methods that require votes for team assignment of each player is that votes don't work well in lobby. Maybe it would be better if the vote system was fully integrated in lobby clients, but currently players are annoyed by votes: it takes time, there are always afk players that don't vote or players who don't understand what's going on. And usually players want to play ASAP, they don't want to wait tons of never-ending votes to choose the teams. Furthermore, even when the server has reached manage value/full value, usually there are still players who leave/join the battle, so what would happen to the teams ?

neddiedrow wrote:
Anyway, keep it up!
I will try ;)

aegis wrote:
you could make !kick/!votekick translate to !spec/!votespec for privileged users
Yeah indeed. With a small message explaining why "kick" got translated to "spec" I guess it should be ok. Let's hope it won't confuse players more :) (some of them are already confused when a vote is automatically called for a command they tried to call directly so...)

YokoZar wrote:
I am getting a bit frustrated by having to spam !rebalance on some games, or not ending up with my teammates at all. It would be nice if you included the !tcoop patches someone posted earlier.
As I said here, I hadn't time lately to work on SPADS (+ the planetspring issue, + vacations etc.). But I didn't forget this.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 13:39 

bibim wrote:
YokoZar wrote:
I am getting a bit frustrated by having to spam !rebalance on some games, or not ending up with my teammates at all. It would be nice if you included the !tcoop patches someone posted earlier.
As I said here, I hadn't time lately to work on SPADS (+ the planetspring issue, + vacations etc.). But I didn't forget this.
No worries, whenever you get to it :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 13:56 
Map Creator

would it be possible to make %m variable in maplink give you the filename instead of just map smf name? more accurate results from springfiles.com with filename, now i had to manually add .sd7 in the end so it will not list 2 files in the search results, instead of that it will redirect to the correct file.

Also, could it be possible to implement identical way of handling startboxes as its in TASclient? so you can define "2 sides" "4 sides" etc, and then change vertical and horizontal size and possibly position too
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 16:18 

Btw, is there a reason why !forceStart does not start if any of the players are unready? In Springie !forcestart started the game no matter what.

edit: or desynced
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 17:00 
Lobby Developer

eyu100 wrote:
Btw, is there a reason why !forceStart does not start if any of the players are unready? In Springie !forcestart started the game no matter what.

edit: or desynced
Yes, the reason is to avoid launching a game with afk players or players who don't have the map/mod.
Can you explain why you need such a behaviour ?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 17:13 
Lobby Developer

TradeMark wrote:
would it be possible to make %m variable in maplink give you the filename instead of just map smf name? more accurate results from springfiles.com with filename, now i had to manually add .sd7 in the end so it will not list 2 files in the search results, instead of that it will redirect to the correct file.
Archive files can be renamed, archive files can contain several maps etc.

TradeMark wrote:
Also, could it be possible to implement identical way of handling startboxes as its in TASclient? so you can define "2 sides" "4 sides" etc, and then change vertical and horizontal size and possibly position too
I don't think we really need more commands than the current existing !split command for that. What commands would you need exactly ? Usually start boxes are only created once, they are then saved by SPADS (automatically or manually)...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 17:32 
Map Creator

bibim wrote:
I don't think we really need more commands than the current existing !split command for that. What commands would you need exactly ? Usually start boxes are only created once, they are then saved by SPADS (automatically or manually)...

why would tasclient have such feature if it was useless? you can set up startboxes with it so good, and making that into command line parameters isnt so hard

so why not do it?

i couldnt set boxes on my map with these current commands >_>
...because, it doesnt allow me to change the x & y % of the boxes, it only splits them with _same_ percent value for x and y. so it works good only for square maps

also would be nice to have !resize box1 left +5 or something, that would add 5% more to left side of the box1...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 17:57 
Lobby Developer

TradeMark wrote:
why would tasclient have such feature if it was useless? you can set up startboxes with it so good, and making that into command line parameters isnt so hard

so why not do it?
Because I don't need it at all, and noone expressed the need for such a thing.
But if YOU need it that much and YOU think "making that into command line parameters isnt so hard", I'm returning the question to YOU: "why not do it?"
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 18:59 
Map Creator

bibim wrote:
and noone expressed the need for such a thing.

didnt i just expressed the need for such a thing?

you only think about yourself huh
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 19:36 
Lobby Developer

TradeMark wrote:
bibim wrote:
and noone expressed the need for such a thing.
didnt i just expressed the need for such a thing?
I meant "noone expressed the need for such a thing except you" obviously :roll:
TradeMark wrote:
you only think about yourself huh
Ahah, good one :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 00:20 
Lobby Developer

bibim wrote:
However, as I proposed to Lupus, I think I will add a "contrib" release type that would contain such patchs that I don't want to merge directly like this, so autohost admins could still use them easily.
Done.

The "contrib" release is currently only available when updating from "unstable" release or when installing from scratch.

For now, it only contains following external patch:
[oxnull]Lupus wrote:
Satirik wrote:
feature request : same as !coop team but to make a team for normal games and the autohost would handle it as a clan for balancing

Nice idea, so i implemented it. :-p Launched for testing on FuN Autohost. May be it even works.
!team <team id> or !pset teamId <team id> - works just like a clantag.
Looking forward to your feedback :)

also implemented !tcoop which is a shortcut for !team and !coop :)
EDIT: after some testing all this stuff seems rather stable.
bibim, if you find it useful feel free to integrate it :)
patch file is here: http://antideza.su/spads.patch

For support about this release (manual operations during upgrade etc.), please contact directly the author(s) of the patch(es).
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 13:15 

bibim wrote:
bibim wrote:
However, as I proposed to Lupus, I think I will add a "contrib" release type that would contain such patchs that I don't want to merge directly like this, so autohost admins could still use them easily.
Done.

The "contrib" release is currently only available when updating from "unstable" release or when installing from scratch.

For now, it only contains following external patch:
[oxnull]Lupus wrote:
Satirik wrote:
feature request : same as !coop team but to make a team for normal games and the autohost would handle it as a clan for balancing

Nice idea, so i implemented it. :-p Launched for testing on FuN Autohost. May be it even works.
!team <team id> or !pset teamId <team id> - works just like a clantag.
Looking forward to your feedback :)

also implemented !tcoop which is a shortcut for !team and !coop :)
EDIT: after some testing all this stuff seems rather stable.
bibim, if you find it useful feel free to integrate it :)
patch file is here: http://antideza.su/spads.patch

For support about this release (manual operations during upgrade etc.), please contact directly the author(s) of the patch(es).
<3 :-)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 16:56 
Map Creator

is there a ban which will autospec people, not kick them?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 17:25 
Lobby Developer

TradeMark wrote:
is there a ban which will autospec people, not kick them?
!help ban
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 22:52 
Map Creator

oh yeah baby, great

btw i can add same ban as many times i want, but when i unban, it will unban all with same nick... shouldnt it replace the old ban with new? would be easier, so i dont need to !unban and !ban spam the bot
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 13:33 
Map Creator

is it possible to make it automatically change map depending on the amount of players?

like if players > 10, map = something bigger
if players < 10, map = something smaller
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next